You are watching: The countercurrent mechanism functions primarily in the
17. The counterexisting system functions generally in the A. renal corpuscle.B. proximal convoluted tubule.C. distal convoluted tubuleD. nephron loop.E. ureters.
18. The hormone ADH promotes water reabsorption with the wall(s) of the A. distal convoluted tubule and also collecting duct.B. proximal convoluted tubule and collecting duct.C. ascending limb of the nephron loop.D. descending limb of the nephron loop.E. glomerulus.
19. Most hydrogen ions are secreted A. passively right into the proximal convoluted tubule.B. passively from the distal convoluted tubule.C. proactively right into the whole renal tubule.D. actively from the distal convoluted tubule.E. endocytotically in the nephron loop.
20. Which of the complying with would certainly rise the rate of glomerular filtration? A. Decreased blood pressureB. Increased blood pressureC. A constricted afferent arterioleD. A dilated efferent arterioleE. Drinking water
21. In which of the adhering to regions of the nephron is water proactively transported? A. Proximal convoluted tubuleB. Descfinishing limb of the nephron loopC. Collecting ductD. Peritubular capillaries.E. None of the above
22. Which of the following is an abnormal constituent of urine? A. UreaB. Uric acidC. CreatinineD. WaterE. Namong the above
23. Which alternative defines the counterpresent mechanism of the nephron loop? A. Water moves out of the ascfinishing limb; sodium moves in the ascfinishing limbB. Water moves in the ascfinishing limb; sodium moves out of the ascending limbC. Water moves out of the descfinishing limb; sodium moves out of the ascfinishing limbD. Water moves in the descending limb; sodium moves out of the descfinishing limbE. Water moves out of the descfinishing limb; calcium moves out of the ascending limb
24. In the disease gout, plasma has actually excess A. uric acid.B. urea.C. calcium ions.D. amino acids.E. hemoglobin.
25. As a result of exceptionally low arterial blood press, glomerular hydrostatic push A. rises and filtration increases.B. rises and also filtration decreases.C. drops and filtration boosts.D. drops and also filtration decreases.E. does not change
26. The countercurrent device in the nephron A. creates a extremely concentrated interstitial fluid so that urine can be concentrated by the collecting ducts as soon as they are permeable to water.B. is a technique to move sodium to manage its concentration.C. keeps the volume of water shed in the urine relatively constant.D. keeps interstitial liquid hydrated to preserve blood press.E. namong the above.
A. creates a very focused interstitial fluid so that urine have the right to be focused by the collecting ducts when they are permeable to water.
27. Aldosterone from the adrenal cortex reasons sodium ions to be A. excreted and water to be conserved.B. excreted and also water to be excreted.C. conserved and water to be conoffered.D. conserved and also water to be excreted.E. unadjusted in concentration.
28. Michael is 26 years old. He becomes dehydrated after a lengthy run if he has not drunk enough. His infant son Sean, but, becomes dehydrated fairly commonly. This difference in susceptibility to dehydration is bereason A. adults drink even more liquid.B. infants grow promptly.C. infant kidneys are much less able to conserve water.D. the infant thirst device is underemerged.E. Sean has actually inherited a kidney illness from his father.
See more: Ginuwine Ain T None Of Your Friends Business Lyrics, None Of Ur Friends Business
29. A renal clearance test determines the rate at which the kidneys can A. excrete water.B. reabsorb ions.C. remove a details substance from the blood.D. gain back the correct pH of the blood.E. include a substance to the blood.
30. An boost in glomerular osmotic push ________ the price of glomerular filtration. A. increasesB. decreasesC. does not changeD. has a variable impact onE. stops
Hole"s Essentials of Person Anatomy & Physiology12th EditionDavid N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis